Plans for the re-development of Broadmarsh are set to start this evening (22.01.16).
The council approved the plans for the scheme in June last year- which will see the shopping centre transformed, and creating a vibrant new quarter for customers to shop, eat, relax and and socialise throughout the day and the evening.
The proposals detailed Intu’s vision for a new southern gateway into Nottingham from the train station. There is also a focus on delivering improved pedestrian routes through the shopping centre – connecting more easily to the city and surrounding streets.
The scheme includes a number of new facilities and will improve the look and feel of Intu Broadmarsh.
- A variety of places to eat, from ‘grab-and-go’ to sit-down restaurants
- A multi-screen cinema and new places to relax and play.
- A new open street to complement Middle Pavement and extending to Bridlesmith Gate
- An improved new route through the centre from Lister Gate to Carrington Street, providing between the train station and the rest of the City.
- A new entrance on Middle Hill
New high quality toilets, parent and child facilities and accessible facilities for wheelchair users and new lifts and escalators.